Johnson Insurance Agency was founded in 1955 in Chicago, IL by George and Barbara Johnson. In January 1958, the couple moved to a small town in the country called Elk Grove Village. The office was operated from their one car garage on Briarwood lane. George and Barbara were the people to see for insurance in the small, growing community.
In 1978, George and Barbara moved to Northampton Circle in the village and the agency grew into a two car garage which was converted into a wonderful office. Craig B. Johnson, their son, joined the agency in 1983.
In 1984, the agency moved to 500 E. Higgins Rd. The Agency welcomed Craig's brother-in-law, William J. Beaupre in 1990.
Craig and Bill acquired the Agency from George in 1996.
The business is still family owned and operated by Craig Johnson and Bill Beaupre. The agency is the oldest continuous business in Elk Grove Village.